Connecting with Community

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What I've learned

Its cold outside and I can't seem to find my coat. My black boots are the ones I wish I would lose but I guess that's discussion for another day. I had a birthday yesterday and well it allowed me time to pause and reflect on what I have learned this past year. I learned that I need to love more, give more and do more. Life is short and I don't want it to pass me by. I don't ever want life to have its way with me. Sometimes we are arrogant enough to believe that "it" can't happen to us and then "it" does. Not one of us is exempted from anything. All we have is this moment we are not even guaranteed the rest of the day. So there is not time for anger and hate because well that is just wasted time. It does not add anything to you or anyone else for that matter.

It has been a tough year as well a year filled with beautiful lessons. The hardest part of my year was seeing friends and family struggle with illness, death and an array of other things. I still seem to struggle with the loss of my sweet PRO intern, Lacie. It  has been months and her office is still set up. I haven't had the heart to clear her stuff off the desk and I haven't let anyone use it either. Sounds crazy but its just the way I choose to process this loss. I am reminded of all the good that can be done every time I pass by her desk. I am also reminded that we are all working through something so lets do our best to do unto others as we would want them to do unto us.

Don't let life have its way with you...live and live with intent. Do what you do on purpose and add value to everyone you come in contact with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Cp9ggX3f4

No comments:

Post a Comment